Sunday, September 18, 2011

Around the house...


James has been feeling a little under the weather lately. READ: James has a runny nose & has been super cranky the past few days. Today I was talking to Nathan on the phone (he's been out of town for a friend's wedding) and James decided he needed a snack.

He goes over to our metal pantry shelf & finds a few empty beer bottles waiting to be recycled. "James, don't drink out of the beer bottles. Yucky! Yucky! Yucky!" Oh my. I attempt to coax him into the living room & he's distracted by an appetizing bowl of bananas. Let me tell you, if you're a banana, you do not want James to find you in a dark lonely alley. He will mess you up. I've caught James (on more than one occasion) with a banana... the tip has been bitten off & he's second-knuckle deep with his finger through the peel.

I managed to get to the bananas before they suffered any bodily harm but of course that infuriated James. At this point, my conversation with Nathan is down the toilet. There's just no point continuing over all the snot & sobbing. So we say goodbye & agree that Nathan will call after his plane lands. James is inconsolable. I keep pleading with him, "Use your words! Do you want a snack, say 'snack please'", etc. I make a number of suggestions & he mumbles "milk", "muwus" (muffins), & "wa wa" (water). Finally he calms down, looks around the room & declares "TAINS" aka "trains". Then "pay tains" (Play trains). He has now been quietly playing with his trains for 5-10 minutes.

I guess he just needed some inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment