Wednesday, November 3, 2010
New Recipes :)
Growing up, one of my favorite Sunday morning breakfasts was when my dad would make oven pancakes. For some reason I always thought these were complicated or difficult to make but when I did the research I discovered that they are super easy! I decided to share the recipe.
3 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. butter
1 c. milk
1 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. confectioners' sugar (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2) Place butter in a 9-inch cake pan (I used an 8-inch square casserole dish) and heat in the oven until melted. In a blender or food processor, whip eggs and milk (I used an immersion blender). Pour in flour and beat until well combined. Pour batter into hot pan. Sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar.
3) Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
I also wanted to share a killer recipe for banana pancakes. My parents are currently living in Kenya and apparently have access to tons of bananas and I'm thinking of them as I write this. I love to make triple batches of this recipe and freeze them, when I'm looking for something quick and healthy to give James, I just pop one in the toaster oven for a couple minutes.
Whole-wheat Banana Pancakes
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. whole wheat flour
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 c. milk
2 tbsp. butter, melted (optional)
1) Mix together dry ingredients. Add beaten egg, milk and butter.
2) Add 1 mashed banana and mix until well blended, but lumpy.
3) Pour desired size pancake onto a medium-hot lightly greased griddle.